WJTA's scholarship program was introduced in 2021 and is open to WJTA members and their spouses, dependents and grandchildren. Scholarships in the following amounts are awarded annually beginning in May and may be applied to any field of study: two (2) $5,000 scholarships, four (4) $2,500 scholarships, and five (5) $1,000 scholarships.
Quick Links and Forms
Applications are accepted from September 1 through March 31 of the following year. In addition to the completed scholarship application form, the following documentation and materials are required to finalize the application for review:
- Official transcript documenting high school and, if applicable, college credit. Only official transcripts will be accepted – photocopies and unofficial transcripts are not acceptable.
- Two original, signed letters of character reference.
- A high resolution digital photograph of the applicant.
Apply for a scholarship by downloading and completing the Scholarship Application Form (PDF).
Policies and Requirements
- Eligibility – Applicants must be:
- A current WJTA member or the spouse, dependent or grandchildren of a current WJTA member.
- This WJTA member must remain in good standing for the year in which the scholarship application is submitted and the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Enrolled full- or part-time at an accredited postsecondary education institution in the calendar year within which the scholarship will be awarded.
- Duration and Eligibility to Reapply – Scholarships are awarded for one year. Students may reapply for scholarships in subsequent years.
- Financial Contributions – Donations to the Educational Fund will be solicited of WJTA members. Individuals/companies making donations of greater than $100 per calendar year will be recognized on the Scholarships page of the WJTA website. Companies donating greater than $1,000 to the scholarship fund in a calendar year will have their logos recognized on the Scholarships webpage and materials.
- Disbursement of Scholarships – Scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the educational institutions. Funds will not be disbursed to the recipients themselves.
- Eligible Fields of Study – Scholarship Awards may be applied towards study in any academic discipline at any accredited postsecondary education institution including colleges, universities, community colleges and trade schools.
- Notification – Scholarship applicants will be notified of the final decision no later than May 15.
Selection Process and Criteria
WJTA staff will collect documentation and present a summary report to the Scholarship Committee who will select recipients. In evaluating applicants, the Scholarship Committee will consider factors including but not limited to:
- Academic Achievements
- Academic Interests and Goals
- Civic/Community Service
- Financial Need
Donations to the WJTA Scholarship Fund are being accepted. Individuals or companies contributing $100 or greater in a calendar year may be listed on the Scholarships webpage, and companies contributing $1,000 or more in a calendar year may be recognized with a logo on the Scholarships webpage. To make a donation:
Contact Peter Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-241-1445 for more information.