WJTA's scholarship program was introduced in 2021 and is open to WJTA members and their spouses, dependents and grandchildren. Four (4) scholarships of $5,000 each are awarded annually beginning in May 2022 and may be applied to any field of study.
Quick Links and Forms
Applications are accepted from September 1 through March 31 of the following year. In addition to the completed scholarship application form, the following documentation and materials are required to finalize the application for review:
- Official transcript documenting high school and, if applicable, college credit. Only official transcripts will be accepted – photocopies and unofficial transcripts are not acceptable.
- Two original, signed letters of character reference.
- A high resolution digital photograph of the applicant.
Apply for a scholarship by downloading and completing the Scholarship Application Form (PDF).
Policies and Requirements
- Eligibility – Applicants must be:
- A current WJTA member or the spouse, dependent or grandchildren of a current WJTA member.
- This WJTA member must remain in good standing for the year in which the scholarship application is submitted and the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Enrolled full- or part-time at an accredited postsecondary education institution in the calendar year within which the scholarship will be awarded.
- Duration and Eligibility to Reapply – Scholarships are awarded for one year. Students may reapply for scholarships in subsequent years.
- Financial Contributions – Donations to the Educational Fund will be solicited of WJTA members. Individuals/companies making donations of greater than $100 per calendar year will be recognized on the Scholarships page of the WJTA website. Companies donating greater than $1,000 to the scholarship fund in a calendar year will have their logos recognized on the Scholarships webpage and materials.
- Disbursement of Scholarships – Scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the educational institutions. Funds will not be disbursed to the recipients themselves.
- Eligible Fields of Study – Scholarship Awards may be applied towards study in any academic discipline at any accredited postsecondary education institution including colleges, universities, community colleges and trade schools.
- Notification – Scholarship applicants will be notified of the final decision no later than May 15.
Selection Process and Criteria
WJTA staff will collect documentation and present a summary report to the Scholarship Committee who will select recipients. In evaluating applicants, the Scholarship Committee will consider factors including but not limited to:
- Academic Achievements
- Academic Interests and Goals
- Civic/Community Service
- Financial Need
Donations to the WJTA Scholarship Fund are being accepted. Individuals or companies contributing $100 or greater in a calendar year may be listed on the Scholarships webpage, and companies contributing $1,000 or more in a calendar year may be recognized with a logo on the Scholarships webpage. To make a donation:
Contact Peter Wright at email@example.com or 314-241-1445 for more information.